UpRush Social Geekers, Inc.
The Philippines accounting operations supports the US corporate office. Work done here includes but is not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, reconciliations, inter-company transactions, bank and cash reports, fixed assets, insurances, financial statements, local tax filings and various projects. The position is a hands-on position and is responsible for doing the work as well as supervising and driving the overall financial reporting activities of the company with the objective of ensuring the completeness and accuracy of the financial and management reports, the appropriate recording and recognition of all the transactions in the company’s books and the timely submission of the financial and management reports, to both internal and external users. This position reports to corporate office in the USA.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or Finance
Certifications and Licenses: Professional License – CPA
● At least 7 years of relevant experience in audit, accounting and taxation of which at least 4 years in managing accounting staff. Previous experience in reporting to US corporate is a plus.
● Proficiency and mastery of the accounting standards, applicable rules and regulations
● Demonstrated ability to understand business context and processes to identify and recommend process improvements.
● Strong financial analytical skills
● Pays attention to details and accuracy
● Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple projects
● Excellent management and supervisory skills.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Excellent organizational and time management skills.
● Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software.
● Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and in advanced Excel (pivot tables, v-look up, macros)
● Strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results
● Knowledge of employee relationship building and performance management techniques
● ODOO experience is an advantage as the company is implementing Odoo ERP system.